Try this luscious main-entree salad with fresh, organic produce from our fellow Farmer's Market vendors! We guarantee this recipe will make its way into your regular rotation.
- 4 cups organic greens (we used a Spring Mix in the photo)
- 1 bag of organic frozen corn, steamed
- 1/2 of an organic English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 2 organic red bell peppers, diced and seeded
- 2 organic tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 cup organic celery, sliced
- 1 lb. organic skirt steak, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Body and Belly's "Chipotle Onion Olive Oil"
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Body and Belly's "Scarborough Fair Red Wine Vinegar"
- 1 T. organic Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Pinch of organic Sugar
- 3/4 cup organic EVOO
Marinate the skirt steak in the Chipotle Olive Oil for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. While steak is marinating, prepare the salad ingredients and arrange on plates. Whisk together all dressing ingredients (or place in a lidded container or mason jar, and shake until mixed).
Add the steak and the marinade to a heavy skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute over medium heat until no longer pink. Do not overcook. Arrange cooked steak on top of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.
Reserve and refrigerate any leftover dressing to enjoy later!
Serves 2 (as a main course) or 4 (as a side dish)